Gustav is looking for a Product Designer to join our fully-remote, international team.
Hi, we are Gustav 👋
- We build software that helps businesses to find & hire available temporary talent represented by the best staffing agencies in the world
- Hundreds of staffing agencies already use Gustav and we are growing every day. We are aiming to build a world-class product & operations department helping us to scale our customer base to thousands of companies.
- We have raised $4M+ so far and are backed by the world’s best venture capital firms and business angels including Y Combinator, Beenext, Speedinvest, Youtube co-founder Jawed Karim and many others who are supporting us in our vision to create the worlds largest recruitment marketplace for contract talent.
- We are a fully remote company with employees located in the US and Europe.
As a contract Product Designer at Gustav, you will collaborate and support the product and engineering team with the necessary assets to build the best customer experience and communicate a clear, consistent brand story.
✏️ You will be responsible for:
- Working directly with the founders to shape ideas and create prototypes
- Creating design guidelines for our products to ensure interface consistency across devices
- Building a consistent design library of reusable components
- Use critical thinking skills to develop solutions to challenging technical problems
- Designing beautiful, clear interfaces for our application
- Helping instill a design culture in the company as a whole — we want everyone to value and understand the role of design
- Creating original graphic designs for promotional product updates (e.g., images, sketches, and tables)
👀 What we are looking for in our Product Designer:
- Great taste
- Worked in a SaaS or B2B environment as a UI/UX Designer and has the portfolio to demonstrate your skills and experience
- A strong understanding of design patterns and fluency in contemporary/modern design tools
- Knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin, and other software
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Team player
- Knowledge of startups and products in our space
🤔 The Hiring Process:
Throughout this process, you'll have both asynchronous and real-time conversations with us utilizing tools that we use every day such as:
Conversations via Zoom - meet the team for each stage "in person" on video calls.
Access to a private Slack channel - chat directly with the founders to ask any questions you may have after having passed the 1st interview round.
Here's a breakdown of our recruitment process:
- Getting to know each other: You'll spend some time chatting with us over Zoom to learn more about the company and the opportunity. (~30 minutes)
- Skill assessment: You'll complete a brief exercise to help us learn more about your skills, strategic thinking, and product expertise. (~1 hour)
- Interview: Deep dive conversation into the role with our Head of Product Design and CPO. Discussion of skill assessment. (~2 hours)
- Meet the team: You'll get to meet the other founders. We value team fit over everything else. (~30 minutes)
- Hiring decision/offer: We are mindful of your time. Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all and we are both happy you will receive a formal offer.
- Final conversation (we would like to hire you): We are going to chat about any concerns you might have, on-boarding as well as any other details to get you started. (~1 hour)
We are lucky to hear from you! 🥳